Friday, October 10, 2008

DEAR READERS:

It has been a while and I do have interesting readings.
First, I will like to give some advice about going to South Africa:


1) GENERAL ADVICE: Follow your dreams, you only live once.
-My dream has always been to dance for an international dance company in Africa. Simply, my roots come from Africa and I always felt like a need to know more about it.


-To fulfill my dream, I thought if I was going to dance for a living. Why not be there in Africa?

-Truthfully, I did not think of having the abilities of dancing professionally. I still do not think so. Let’s just say…..my prayers were answered.


2) ON THE REAL: Before you leave, GET YOUR PERMIT OR VISA. I did not do this and it really has been difficult finding out about extinction.

3) Pack your luggage Lightly. YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE YOU WILL END UP.

4) If you’re staying with someone over there, you should get to know them by emailing and talking to them on the phone frequently. Even if these people are your family.

5) GET YOUR PLANE TICKET IN ADVANCE

6) READ THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER


7) LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO BE AROUND, SOUTH AFRICA IS A BIG COUNTRY WITH MANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGES.

8) LOOK AT WEBSITES FOR FOREIGNS ABROAD AND FIND THE AMERICAN SOCIETY. YOU WILL NEED THIS SUPPORT.