Monday, November 17, 2008

DEAR READERS: POSITIVE THOUGHTS ATTRACT POSITIVITY

NOVEMBER 16, 2008
“You’ve come to this juncture in your life, merely because something in YOU kept saying, “You deserve to be happy.” YOU were born to add something, to add value to this world. To simply be something, bigger, and better than YOU were yesterday.” ~Lisa Nichols

Heading back to my place, I was walking slowly and I was breathing even slower. As I reached my place of rest, I just laid my head down and I slept. I woke up feeling lost in my mind and I just knew that I needed a change.

All week, I have been recognizing my blessings but also my emotions going from high to low. Maybe the reason being, I am unconsciously worshiping my God on my convenience. What do I mean by this? Simply, I seem to come to him most when I am in trouble. Well…you already know this may have some consequences. In the end, this has physically and emotionally drained me. Simply when I come to him, I come to him with my negative and I forget to discuss my positive aspects in my life. Then I just do it my way sometimes. Well of course the smart thing to do will just fully commit my life to God and just trust him. This really will be a sensible solution because I already know that worshiping him on my convenience has just not quite worked out. Even if this sensible solution has made sense in my mind, it happened to be an easier said than done.

As I recognize my blessings, I do ask now why God has chosen me for this goodness in my life. I asked myself this because I do not feel deserving. Then I asked myself, what has God saved me for to do in this life?

Then I realized it has taking my life’s experiences to even come to this point of asking questions. At least I realized now that I worship by my convenience. One last question to me what I am going to do?

First I recognized this place of questions before and I have learned my incapability of going through this alone. So I must find the right church for me. I n this day and age, this could be difficult. Most importantly, I must stop putting unwanted things in my body of self medication of not filling full. I must start feeing myself with God’s word.

I know what you’re thinking my readers. Oh! This will not be easy. But I am learning life is not easy. So I chase after the quote: “YOU control your own destiny.”

I pray for God to show me what he has saved me for to do in this life. Then I realized that’s it! He has given me the opportunity to find out and now I must take that opportunity. Thank you South Africa for given me a new vibe to figure all this out of my self discovery.



4 comments:

The Intimidator said...

Wow Elsie you have really grown up over the years. Great words

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. you know Roomie I have been right there at a point in my life were i thought when i went for him for a need that was OK and I made a promise to myself that every morning on my way to work i would anoint my hands with anointed oil and than God for all the wonderful blessing he is and keeps giving me. I am so proud of you and I thank God for all the wonderful time we had together last year and I miss you a lot I know God has both of us in his plan and will and in the end we will truly understand our purpose...I love you and be safe
-Miranda

rapsc said...

Elsie, I just want to comment on the question you ask about what God is planning for you to do -- My suggestion is that it is not the future that answers that question but the present. Your daily interactions, you daily contacts and how you perform and and how you react and how you reach out are the parts of the plan that are happening now -- not sometime later time. Enjoy the now. Serve in the now because this is where you are. You prepare the way of the future by the actions of the now. (Hope that makes some sense.)

Anonymous said...

sometimes we tend to live the future which unknown to us . live the present and improve on it. what happens in the future comes along as uoy learn something everyday. mom